Contributed photographs from members of Indians in Toulouse, Wikimedia Commons
On behalf of the organizers in Indians in Toulouse, we invite you all for a get-together on the occasion of the Ganesh Chaturthi (Vinayaka Chaturthi ) on Sunday 23rd September 2012.
Foyer 161,Rue Louis Plana, Foyer, ISAE-ENSICA Campus,31500-Toulouse [Google Map]
Date and Time
23 September 2012, Sunday, 1700hrs onward
- Ganesh Pooja
- Entertainment programs (Dance/singing/comedy shows expected)
- Games (for Adults/Children)
- Juke box
- Ganesh Visarjana.
- You can register by filling up the web form provided here [Registration form]
- Please register for the invent. There are no registration fees but registration is mandatory owing to security restrictions at the venue.
- You are requested to carry your passport [or equivalent identity proof] for identification.The hall that has been booked is in the university campus. Stringent security measures exist to gain access to the campus.
- We have been granted permission for 50 persons. So the participation will be based on the registration with a first come first served criteria.
Few more ideas to make this event memorable:
a Ganesha Idol would be a more exciting than buying (Clay is
available in market) if anyone would like to take initiative please
free to contact the organizers (see contact details on the event
clay is available is the market, someone can take the initiation to
make the idol of Ganesh In year 2007-2008 few members of Indians in Toulouse did make their own idols. Some of the contributed photographs of making of these idols are shown below.
you have any ideas and willing to participate in entertainment or
organize any event in this get together, please feel free to contact
one of the organizers (see contact details on the event
Contact details of volunteers
- Ashwini Amarapura
- email: ashwini1812 AT gmail DOT com,
- Tel: 06 34 14 88 74(12h-14h and 18h-22h)
- Anand Patil
- email: anandrpatil143 AT gmail DOT com
- Tel: 07 87 65 36 98 (12h-14h and 18h-22h)
- email: klgurunatha AT gmail DOT com
- Tel: 06
38 30 69 89 (12h-14h and 18h-22h)
- email: vidyashankar.h AT gmail DOT com
- Tel: 06 16 26 32 71 (12h-14h and 18h-22h)
- email: mrugesh.chauhan AT gmail DOT com
- Tel: 06 75 32 42 02 (12h-14h and 18h-22h)
- As always the dinner will be a potluck
where each participant brings what he/she can (food, snacks,
desserts, juices etc.) and we all share it. The quantity of the
items to bring is up to you.
The Organizers will arrange for
disposable plastic plates, spoons, glasses and paper napkins.
- Please do bring your own serving spoons
and other accessories to serve food.
There are no provisions for any
cooking/reheating equipments at the venue.
About Ganesh Chaturthi
Ganesha also known as Vinayaka, is one of the deities best-known and most widely worshipped in the Hindu pantheon. His image is found throughout India and Nepal. Devotion to Ganesha is widely diffused and extends to Jains, Buddhists, and beyond India. Ganesha Chaturthi (Marathi: गणेश चतुर्थी, Konkani: चवथ, Gujarati: ગણેશ ચતુર્થી, Hindi: गणेश चतुर्थी, Malayalam: വിനായക ചതുര്ത്ഥി, Tamil: விநாயகர் சதுர்த்தி, Kannada: ಗಣೇಶ ಚತುರ್ಥೀ, Telugu:
వినాయక చవితి), also known as Vinayak chaturthi. It is celebrated as a
birthday of lord Ganesh, son of Shiva and Parvathi. Ganesha is widely
worshipped as the god of wisdom, prosperity and good fortune.